Strawberry season is here, and blueberry season is not far behind! Who doesn't love the taste of FRESH berries in the spring?!
You could run down to your local grocery store, OR you can pick your own fresh berries!
We've put together a list of some of the best U-Pick farms within driving distance of Forsyth County.
Pro-Tip: Make sure you get there early. Most farms close before the listed time if the patch gets overpicked for the day.
- Where: Warbington Farms
- When: Now until the second week of June (hours vary, see website. They advise calling before in order to ensure field is open.) Strawberry Festival - May 6th, 9 am-5 pm
- How much?: $14/per bucket for U-Pick and $16/per bucket for Pre-Picked; Festival is additional $9/per adult, $5/per child
- Features: Strawberries. They provide the bucket. Must buy bucket to enter berry patch. No more than 2 adults to a bucket. Children are unlimited. Festival includes: vendors, face painting (extra cost), “Hey”rides, petting zoo, fun park, craft for kids, visit with strawberry shortcake and MORE!
- For More Info: call 770-889-1515, email [email protected], or visit their Facebook Page.
- Address: 5555 Crow Road, Cumming, GA 30041
- Where: Washington Farms
- When: Mon-Saturday 8 am - 7 pm (Some days strawberries will get "picked-out" so they suggest calling before if you plan to come later in the day.)
- How much?: $12/per bucket for U-Pick (+ $1 if you keep the bucket) and $15/per bucket for pre-picked
- Features: Strawberries U-Pick. In addition, Super Spring Saturdays with U-Pick and farm activities (10 am - 4 pm May 6th & 13th. $8 for farm fun- LOTS of play areas. Concessions available. Only at Watkinsville location)
- For More Info: Call - Watkinsville: 706-769-0627 / Loganville: 770-554-8119, or visit their Facebook Page
- Address: Watkinsville- 5691 Hog Mountain Road Bogart, GA 30622 (recently rezoned from Watkinsville to Bogart, some GPS devices still accept Watkinsville) Loganville-270 Willowwind Drive Loganville, GA 30052
- Where: Strawberry Festival at Jaemor Farms
- When: May 6th, 9 am - 4 pm
- How much?: $14 per gallon, no more than 4 people to a bucket; Farm Fun Pass $5/per person
- Features: U-Pick Strawberries and vendors. Farm Fun Pass: Includes hayrides, petting zoo, farm slide, skeeball and duck races.
- For More Info: Call- 770-869-3999, E-mail- [email protected], or visit their Facebook Page.
- Address: 5340 Cornelia Hwy, Alto, GA 30510
- Where: DJ's U-Pick Blueberry Farm
- When: Mid June Monday-Sunday 8 am-? (determined day by day, call ahead if visiting later in the day)
- How much?: $16/per gallon. Cash or Check only
- Features: Blueberries are pesticide and chemical free and are sold by the gallon.
- For More Info: Call 678-442-7853, email [email protected] or visit their Facebook Page
- Address: 1839 Prospect Rd Lawrenceville GA 30043
For more community events follow our page: